Current available Posts
PROGRAMME COORDINATOR POST (X1)
Closing Date : Thursday, 15 June 2017
Salary : Market related
Contract : Fixed term
Work type : Full time
Redfest Science Centre was established early 2014 in the form of an annual Rural Education Festival across the entire country for rural and previously disadvantaged groups, due to popular demand and need for more science related activities from beneficiaries, it evolved into a science centre which is based in Mopani district; Limpopo Province. The execution of REDFEST science centre is a reaction to an insufficient delivery of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering education in rural schools of RSA. Redfest science centre offers investigational education prospects that cannot be delivered by schools and also afford scenarios for learners to learn while playing.
PURPOSE OF THIS ADVERT
Redfest Science Centre seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator to be based in Pretoria.
Programme Coordinator will be expected to travel to different exhibition venues across the country, as needed, to proactively provide efficient and effective management assistance.
• Assist in the planning and development of science festivals, exhibitions, programmes and events;
• Arrange meetings, prepare agendas and supporting documentation;
• Coordinating project change requests;
• Developing templates for use by the programme and project leads;
• Writing and submitting reports to Chief Operating Officer on a regular basis;
• Manage the stakeholders’ (exhibitors; presenters; schools) database
• Maintain calendar of events, programme and activities
• Respond to public and schools enquiries
• Assist in internal monitoring and evaluation of programmes, events and activities
• Manage, monitor, train and support temporary staff/marshals/volunteers during festivals, programmes, activities and events.
• Manage duty schedules and time sheets for temporary staff/marshals/volunteers
• Contribute to the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and REDFEST science centre website
• Assist in creating visibility of the organisation through multi-media platforms (electronic; TV, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, local and national print media) through uploading write ups and notification of key project events.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
• The ideal candidate should possess an appropriate post-matric qualification in either Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Education or equivalent.
• A code 10 or code 08 driving license would be added as an advantage.
• Project management certificate would be added as an advantage.
• Candidates with relevant experience in the education, science centre industry and project management are preferred
• Good knowledge of modern concepts in the Sciences, Engineering and Technology would be added as an advantage.
• Ability to express clearly and in oral and written form the principles and applications of science and technology to both learners and general public.
• The candidate has to perform weekend duties including public holidays as and when required.
• The candidate must be creative, be curious about the sciences and technology in general, and have a keen interest in exhibitions and project management work.
• To perform well in a team environment, the candidate must be able to communicate well, be a good team player, and show great enthusiasm with positive work attitude.
• The candidate will need to be able to multi-task while working under pressure and independently.
• Have at least intermediate end-user computing skills and be able to speak different languages
• The candidate must be willing to travel around the country as in when needed
Interested candidates with relevant experience and or qualifications are requested to e-mail their CVs, covering letter and copies of their qualifications to email@example.com by 15 July 2017. Please clearly state the role that you are applying for in the email subject line.
Your CV must be accompanied with:
1.Cover letter justifying suitability for the position – role fitment based on present & past work experience
2.Current/last drawn compensation and expected compensation
3.Copies of your qualifications
4.CVS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For more information about this position send an email to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t hear from us after 14 working days from the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Only shortlisted CVs will be contacted.
Issue Date: 09 June 2017